Okay, so since the last post was written by the guy who passed out the one time I took him to donate blood with me, I thought I (Kate) would add some clarifications... :)
- The lady knocked nicely and came in to do her job, albeit somewhat briskly.
- She used the little prick thing that causes a quick pinch feeling and a drop of blood to appear.
- I watched the vial, and I believe she took all of 5 drops of Julia's blood for what they needed for tests.
- And I'm not even sure she was wearing red pants...
So, although I didn't LIKE the blood drawing, I'm not sure you could label it a "violent activity". Now, the catheterization process yesterday that they let a student nurse try (and fail at) two times before the instructor stepped in on attempt #3 is a different story...
.
2 comments:
Hoping you are feeling sustained by HIM!!! Praying for you here and wishing I could be doing something more but trusting that HE is doing all that you need!
Love,
Kim
just a friendly mommy reminder that you can respectfully decline the opportunity for students to learn on your baby. Yes, they have to learn on somebody, but you two are her voice on all things right now! And i think you're doing an amazing job. Way to hang in there :) We continue lifting up your family in prayer & praising God for Julia's healing. Love, mel
Post a Comment