On the harrowing drive to Danville yesterday, with Chad passing every car on the road and me sitting in the back seat crying and poking Julia every few seconds to make sure she was still breathing, I asked Chad to turn on some Christian radio, thinking we could worship some. However, Danville (and the stretch of I-80 to get there) is significantly in the middle of NOWHERE, so there were no such stations to be found.
As I was digging through my purse, I came across the list of scriptures that I had compiled near the end of my pregnancy to pray during those last few weeks and labor/delivery. Chad asked me to read some out loud, and they had a whole new meaning in the situation we were in. I found myself entering Julia's name into the promises from God, and choosing with each one to trust Him who has infinitely better plans than we do. I wanted to share some of those scriptures...some of which we feel we have already seen the outcome from...
For from him and through him and to him are all things.
To him be the glory forever! [Romans 11:36]
When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him? [Psalm 8:3-4]
One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. [Luke 17:15]
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. [Romans 8:18]
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. [Romans 8:26]
I will not sacrifice to the LORD my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing. [2 Samuel 24:24]
… let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame… [Hebrews 12:1b-2a]
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. [Philippians 4:6-7]
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. [1 Thessalonians 5:16-18]
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint. [Isaiah 40:28-31]
1 comment:
The Lees continue to pray ferociously for all of you. We love you all so much.
Post a Comment