I woke up this morning to a band of doctors standing around the hospital room, so I'm sure they think very highly of me, what with my bedhead, morning breath, several pounds of eye gunk, extra blinkiness, and a sense of humor that is usually a bit askew immediately after wake-up. This medical update will be a rough approximation of what they said, as I wasn't completely conscious and they like to use lots of big words that are far too complex for me in the morning.
The big news of this morning is that we had our first "going home" conversation. Kate and I have discussed over the past several days that we are looking forward to going home, but we're certainly not antsy to get home too soon, as we definitely want to be here as long as necessary to make sure Julia's in good shape. Thankfully, the team of doctors continues to be pleased with her progress. Her skin is visibly improving each day, which is our most obvious sign of returning health (one of the doctors hadn't seen her since Friday and I believe his precise quantitative analysis of her improvement is that she is "a million times better" than Friday). She's eating like a champ (she is an Oberholtzer, after all). Her temperament has been significantly more consolable and pleasant over the past day or two. And these are all good signs. They have observed some "contamination" in her urine (I thought urine was one big contaminant, but what do I know?), so they're going to do a renal ultrasound today as an extra precaution to confirm that her kidneys are fully functioning. But unless that test shows something funky, we're looking at a return home sometime on Thursday, with a healthy baby girl. Wouldn't that just be wonderful?
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wish you well in arriving at a going home date. I know we all don't want to rush it at the cost of causing dear Julia to arrive home too soon. We sure do care for you three ! Pop O
Post a Comment