Wednesday, March 10, 2010

38-weeks!

.
(38-weeks)

So, these blog posts are getting a little repetitive, huh? That's what happens when you have to see the doctor every week at the end, I guess... :)

We had a great appointment today. All still seems to be doing fine. Baby is still in the head-down position (which I am super-glad to hear, after some MAJOR internal maneuvering that occurred during worship on Sunday morning -- I seriously thought this child had climbed inside another major organ by the time he/she was done squirming...), but nothing else to report besides that! The doctor did say that Chad and I were incredibly positive and easy, so we were welcome to come back next week. He had a med student following him that I think he was trying to impress...

I'd also like to take this opportunity to introduce a new word that I think Webster's should consider adding to next year's dictionary:

amniotiphobia [am-nee-ot-i-foh-bee-uh]
--noun
A fear, primarily found in husbands, of being soaked with amniotic fluid as their wives goes into labor.

Chad has had me put waterproof pads under our sheets in our bed, and towels on the seats in both of our cars. Sigh. Whatever makes him comfortable at this point... :)

We're excited...but also willing to wait a few more weeks, if that's what the baby decides to do!
.

4 comments:

Chad Oberholtzer said...

I'm just saying, I don't want to wreck stuff simply because of a lack of waterproofing planning!!

Walt and Betsy said...

Hey Chad and Kate!! I am so excited for you! Babies are wonderful!! I was just wondering if you had your baby yet, and I stumbled onto your blog via facebook. As I am sure you have heard, only about 20% of women's water breaks when they go into labor, but I am so glad to hear that you are prepared!! You will be great parents!!

Walt and Betsy said...

Oh, I forgot to say who the last comment was from--Betsy (Buchanan) Tanner from Focus on the Family Institute! I still remember vividly when Chad was picking out a diamond for Kate!! How sweet!

Carrie Mills said...

You are allowed to wait a COUPLE weeks... not a few, okay??? Can't wait to see all of you!