Thursday, May 20, 2010

A doula visit...

.We had the privilege of getting together with our doula Eleanor on Monday...the first time since Julia was born! Eleanor had to scoot on Birth Day literally minutes after Julia emerged, because we had made her late to teach her Prepared Childbirth class that night, so she hadn't really entirely met her yet. That was after we had made her miss a night of sleep. And a day of work. And make other arrangements for picking her daughter up after school. And...the list goes on and on. This is one wonderful lady, who was absolutely amazing throughout my very long labor!


It was a delightful visit, and she even filled in some details that we had missed from the labor and delivery. Like apparently, when she said, "Well Doctor...what is it?!" to remind Dr. Patel that we didn't know the gender, the slightly distracted response back was, "It's a doctor...I mean, a girl!"

It was great to be able to talk to her with hindsight, and get a better sense of how my labor compared to the many others she's been a part of. She certainly has the gift of encouragement, and we look forward to staying in touch in the future. I wonder...can we book her for our next labor now? :)

.

1 comment:

Abbey said...

I'm so glad she worked out so well for you all. I'm also so glad you have such a wonderful friend who recommended her! :-P