Wednesday, February 10, 2010

34-weeks!

.(34-weeks)

I just had my 34-week check-up, and things seem to be moving along! The slightly sad thing about the appointment is that I found out I gained 5.8 lbs since my last visit...which was two weeks ago. (recommended at this point is 1 lb./week!) Ah well -- it's probably due to the muscle mass I built while doing a prenatal yoga DVD one time this past week... :)

We're getting more and more excited to meet this little (yet extremely squirmy) one! I almost asked the doctor if a baby had ever been born by spontaneously bursting through the mother's skin, but restrained myself...

I have ended up crying at the end of each birthing video we've seen in our childbirth classes we're taking -- tears of joy and excitement and awe, not fear! I try to hide it so that our classmates don't discover what a dork I am... However, it makes me all the more curious and filled with anticipation for our own birth experience, however it all ends up turning out! We've hired a doula to be with us throughout the experience, and we continue to be encouraged and excited to work with her at each positive contact point we have.

We're at less than 40 days on our pregnancy countdown. That's shorter than how long Jesus was in the wilderness, shorter than the Great Flood, shorter than how long Moses was on the mountain two different times, shorter than the time it took Nineveh to repent... In other words, I think Baby O. is coming soon!!!
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a very short time!e are so excited FOR you. It sure is one of God's miracles. Pop O & Dottie

Anonymous said...

I hate when I make a typo !! Immediately following time!, it should say We, not e. Pop O