Friday, November 7, 2008

A visit with Henry...



...and Carrie and Lorenzo. :)

I just got back from 4 days of visiting with my Florida family (they would HATE to be called that!), and had an absolutely wonderful time. It was great to have some catch-up time with Carrie, some quality visiting time with Lorenzo, and a whole bunch of getting-to-know-you time with our new nephew!

I got to play "nanny" while Carrie and Lorenzo were at work during my visit, so Henry and I got very familiar with each other. Here's some of what I learned:
  • He really likes to lay on his changing table. Especially when he doesn't have clothes on.
  • He sleeps a lot. And is really cute when he does. Especially when he snores.
  • When he burrows into your neck to snuggle, it feels like he loves you (even though you know that he doesn't have the cognitive ability yet to do so!).
  • Carrie and Lorenzo are doing a great job as new parents (they say that they're trying to make decisions now that most people don't make until their 2nd or 3rd child... A little dog hair in the diet never killed anyone!).
  • It can be really peaceful to spend a bunch of days at home (even though it wasn't my own this past week).





One thing I was SO glad to finish the night before I flew to see them (well, start AND finish...it was a long night :) was a baby quilt for Carrie's first. I had done this with Chris, too, when she had Caleigh. It's a quilt made out of squares from clothes of my mom - ones that had special memories for us girls. I've so enjoyed doing both of these - but BOY, are they ugly quilts! :)








Here are some pics from my visit with them...



Here are my other two "charges" of the week...

(Bean and Cricket)


And this one from Halloween of Lorenzo and Henry was just TOO cute! :)


No comments: