Thursday, February 4, 2016

Fall 2015 memories...

(Haha....playing a BIT of catch-up...)

Here are some family highlights from Fall 2015!

DEL GROSSO'S:
We headed back to our favorite amusement park for a Labor Day special...  It's fun to compare pics of the kids on the same rides from year to year!


The Helicopters...always a favorite :)

 This is Caleb watching them!


I cited "Might have to nurse the baby" to get out of being the Dizzy Dragon parent this year! :)

And, in case you can't tell from Eliza's reaction, 
Julia REALLY liked dinging the boat bell this year... :)


PENN STATE FOOTBALL and EVENTS:
We got to watch quite a few of the Saturday PSU games on TV with my dad...

The boys felt confident that the game was well in hand by this point... :)

An awesome onesie a friend let us borrow...

YAY for a game on ABC that we could watch at home with our antenna!
And Chad getting home in time from reffing to catch some of it!


We also had fun on Homecoming weekend at the ice cream social...



AND the Homecoming Parade...

A little too cold and a little too long for this one... :)


CALEB'S FIRST WEDDING:
Our friends, the Mosemanns, got married, and Chad, Caleb, and I made the trip to Hermitage, PA for a wonderful celebration in October!

Caleb was excited to get there...

The girls drew precious pictures to include in the gift to Karen and Dave that had us (and them!) cracking up...





We snagged some family shots, laughing about how it looked like Caleb was our sole kid...




And we managed to grab a photo with the newlyweds!


The party got a little wild by the time we were ready to leave, as you can see below... ;)



SCHOOL FUN:
It's been fun to jump into the elementary school world.  Julia is having a blast in kindergarten!

Back-to-School Night...




Art & Literature Fair (Julia submitted a paper mosaic craft she worked on)...




1950's Day (to celebrate the 50th Day of school!)...

(not bad, considering Julia and I created the poodle skirt in about an hour the night before with stuff we had in the house!)


Even Miss Piggy wore a neck scarf to participate... :)

"The Walk"...
We're still figuring out when we want to walk vs. drive with this school drop-off and pick-up thing... One fall day, I VASTLY underestimated the cold snap and had some VERY frigid kids for the walk home! :)





GRANDPA'S BIRTHDAY:
We sure love this (old) guy! ;)



PSU EXPERIMENT:
Julia was incredibly interested in earning some money for a Belle Barbie doll....and we just happened to be contacted by a PSU study this fall that she could be a part of!  She was amazingly cooperative to do all they asked for several hours and earn her $25...



...and here's the proud girl with her first solo purchase!



PSU CARNIVAL:
I headed to Old Main lawn this fall to check this out again with the kids!

One of the obstacles proved too intimidating to the (initially enthusiastic) 3-year-old...

 She missed the first ball and just walked out crying...

...but the (we THOUGHT, slightly unathletic) 5-year-old was determined!!!


By golly, she made it all the way to the end!!!  
But decided once through was enough... :)

Our lifelong learner spent the whole time reading the signs at the Petting Zoo and hardly looked at the animals!

Free food, PSU campus, fun games and activities?
YES!  See you next year, random PSU carnival that we still don't understand! :)


THEATRE OUTINGS:
Aunt Diane and Uncle David treated Eliza to a Clifford extravaganza at Eisenhower Auditorium...


...and Chad's mom and I took Julia to a Junie B. Jones show at a dinner theatre in Lancaster!



FALL FOLIAGE FUN:
Thanks to my Uncle Paul, we had a blast in his HUGE leaf pile one beautiful October day!




And I snapped these running shots of the girls outside my dad's on another gorgeous afternoon...



(have I mentioned how much I love the fall in PA???)


REFFING BUDDIES:
Okay, Caleb's not certified at ANY level...but he sure looks cute! :)






ELECTION BABY:
Couldn't find my "I Voted" sticker after the election.  Finally discovered where it got to... :)

It's not even the most interesting of photos...
but I figured I'd better post in case he becomes President someday! :)


SIBLING MOMENT:
I just love seeing these three interact... :)


From the momentous to the mundane...it was a fun Fall!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE GREAT PICTURES !! ESPECIALLY the two officials (one is actually unofficial) !! ---- Pop O