My sister Carrie came with her family from Florida to visit for about a week, and we had an awesome time together. I think Julia summed it up best as she watched them drive away and said, "They were here a long time. I wish they could have stayed longer." :)
We managed to get out and do quite a few fun things with all the munchkins.
We paid a visit to the PSU dairy barns, where Eliza was on cloud nine getting anything that she could licked...
And all of the kids (small AND big) enjoyed our tour as well!
We followed that up by a loop around campus on the free CATA bus, and then headed to the Creamery for some pre-lunch ice cream (always the best kind...).
The next day, we connected with some additional local relatives (shout-out to Aunt Diane and Uncle David, as well as cousin Ian!) and headed to Whipple Dam. What a wonderful day to be in God's glorious creation and just relax together!
Although Alice and Henry are already little fish, well-acquainted with the water...
...Eliza thoroughly enjoyed her first water encounter, and Julia had MANY plans with the sand toys!
I managed to snag a few nice shots of Carrie and Alice...
Too bad our kid wouldn't make such nice faces! :)
There were lots of sweet interactions between cousins throughout the week...
...and lots of times when it felt like there were kids crawling all over us!
They brought a few special gifts with them. First, some Rapunzel underpants for newly potty-trained Julia (who now says, "I want to wear the underpants Henry gave me" each morning):
And Carrie also completed the quilt made out of clothes of our mom that I had made for both of my sisters' firstborns. Let's just say that Carrie's is MUCH more well-done, as she has an actual quilting background! I am so grateful that she wanted to do this one for Julia (using a shirt of my mom's with her name for the middle piece).
Julia LOVES it...
...as can be seen by the first privileged nappers on it!
Such a special thing to have, as each square holds a precious memory of the memorable outfits of Mom's...
(now, if I could just find those photos that I took of each outfit before I cut them up for the other quilts...they are somewhere in our house!!! Maybe my other blog will help me get to them...)
It was a wonderful, full week, and Julia was right. "I wish they could have stayed longer!"
1 comment:
So glad that you got to spend some time with your sister! And the blanket is so special. What a great idea! It treasures the memories of your mom and uses them to bless the next generation.
Post a Comment