Every time we drive to my dad's place (going past Beaver Stadium), Julia says, "There's the football stadium! I go there soon, and see Nittany Lion!" We figured it was worth delaying an afternoon nap when we had the opportunity to attend a free game as part of Blue-White weekend!
This past Saturday, Julia finally got to experience PSU football in person. We managed to grab some seats right near my family's old stomping grounds in section WG...and Julia commented on just about everything (the band, the scoreboard numbers changing, the escaped balloons flying in the air, the seat numbers on the bleachers...and every once in while, the actual football).
I believe her favorite time ended up being connected to the popcorn treat we got... :)
(seriously, she ate almost that entire tub. She is her mother's daughter...)
It was an awesomely fun day -- the weather held, Chad and I got to reminisce, and our little girl got to experience some Penn State traditions....and YES, also see the Nittany Lion!
As Julia says often with glee... "GO PENN STATE!"
.
1 comment:
Whoo hoo! What a blast. I'm glad you guys were able to go.
Post a Comment