As many of you know, each October certain sections of Boalsburg, PA are hit with "The Plague of the Ladybugs." So what better costume for Julia this year than to pay tribute to the "BUG!" that she so gleefully exclaims about and points at each day? ;) (plus, Chad's sister passed along a ladybug costume for free...)
I didn't think she'd put up a fit wearing it...seeing as how she's been snuggling with it for weeks, ever since we got it. And I was right! She seemed comfy-cozy warm, and loving being in it!
(this is what we got when I said, "Can you give me a big smile?"
Guess she already understands the concept behind objects appearing larger when closer...)
I was planning to just visit a couple of neighbors with Julia while Chad held down the candy-front at home...but our little extrovert had other plans! She continued to want to walk farther, and we stayed out for close to an hour! I couldn't get her to say "Happy Halloween" (I had gotten "Ween!" earlier in the day) nor "Trick-or-Treat" (which had been "tick, teet!!!")...but she would say "hi", do sign language for "Thank you" after picking her candy (which I had to explain to folks), and then say "bye" while waving. I guess that'll do for a 19-month-old! She also wanted to carry her pumpkin bucket the whole time, even when she started announcing "Heavy!" by the end of our time.
She did cry when we suddenly arrived at our own front porch after cutting through some yards...but was quickly distracted by the novelty of trying one of her candy bars. She was hesitant at first...
But quickly caught on!
It was a fun night! Now...does anybody know how to get Snickers out of a ladybug costume? ;)
.
No comments:
Post a Comment