As we approached potty training time earlier this summer (Julia, not Chad...), our downstairs bathroom again became the source of much conversation...this time with some actual steps of action to make changes!
It's one thing to have your hospitality potential greatly hindered by the following conversation:
Guest: May I please use your restroom?
O's: Sure thing....but you'll need to hold the handle down for at least 10 seconds when you're done...and the water will start rising and get within 1/4 inch of the top of the rim...but just keep holding the handle down because it will eventually flush...and we've never had it overflow yet...which is a good thing, since there is carpet surrounding the toilet in that bathroom...
That's one thing. But it's an entirely different animal trying to have that conversation with your 2 1/2 year old. :)
So, my trusty (and handy!) father and I decided to finally tackle a handful of projects to make it more functional. Here are a couple of "before" pictures:
Here is an "in-process" picture, stripped down to concrete floor and a hole:
And here is our "after!"
Last night, we had a dear friend over for dinner and a movie.
Guest: May I please use your restroom?
O's: Sure thing...it's down the hall on the right. :)
What a blessing...
.
1 comment:
I went through this post thinking Chad was writing it. And I couldn't believe Chad was taking on replacing the toilet!! I should've known better.
Post a Comment