Friday, August 3, 2012

When Daddy's away...

.
...things sometimes get a little dicey. :)

Chad is away for 3 days at a volleyball certification conference...or something like that.  As he was walking out the door this morning, I actually said, "I don't have any clue where you are going or what you'll be doing."  Another one to chalk up to now owning multiple children, I guess!

We girls had a relatively good day, but as we approached bedtime (late, because we had been out visiting my dad), things began to unravel a bit.  While I was giving Julia a super-quick bath, Eliza woke up from a nap while still strapped into her carseat downstairs, and just started wailing.  As I was rushing an also-teary Julia to get out of the tub and into a diaper/PJs, I said, "Oh my, the poor little girl downstairs!"  To which Julia replied, "And the poor little girl up here, too!"

Then, as we were trying a truncated version of our bedtime ritual in Julia's darkened room (worship songs and hymns just lose some of their power while being sung at the top of your lungs over a screaming baby...), I asked Julia who she wanted to pray for tonight.  She replied with a very decisive, "Us!"

Well said, my little one...  Things are looking up for tomorrow! :)

***Update, as of the morning:  I went into Julia's room, and the first thing she exclaimed was, "I'm awake, and full of joy!"  I love that little girl!  And I love our God who answers prayers...***
.

2 comments:

Sarah J. Ames said...

I love this post. So full of sweetness :)
I know exactly where you were that night - wish we were still neighbors to share the load! I miss you guys and can't wait to meet sweet little Eliza.

Abbey said...

Love it! Let us know if you need help or distractions over the next few days!