.
So this morning I went back to my normal meeting time and place with my friend, Nikki -- 7am at Panera. We've been meeting weekly for almost 5 years now...it's hard to believe it's been that long! I so appreciate our animated discussions that are filled with both encouragement and challenge (and both laughter and tears!). With Julia entering the scene and her little Maddy almost 2 (and a little boy on the way), we had been trying out some other ways and times to meet. But we decided to give it a go back with our original plan, just to see if that would simplify several variables.
Last night, Nikki sent me a note that said, "If you have a rough night with Julia (or Chad--ha ha), feel free to email me to cancel!"
Wouldn't you know it, at about 3:30am this morning I was awakened by a very groggy Chad propped up on one elbow next to me, rubbing a huge circle around and around my torso. I asked him what he was rubbing me with. His response? "With knives."
Gotta love that guy! Not sure I want to know what goes on inside that brain of his while he's asleep... :)
However, I'm happy to report that I still made it to my breakfast rendezvous with Nikki, and came home to a household of 2 people still sleeping soundly. Week 1 of reverting to the old plan = a success!
.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my gosh Kate....I laughed so hard I almost cried...because Mike does the same kind of stuff in his sleep. I don't know if I've ever told you the stories but I often wake up to him "fixing" me because he thinks I'm a computer and then there was the month he kept taking showers in his sleep! Oh these boys!
This made my morning Kate...bet you wish you had taped it to prove it to him because I'm sure he is convinced that never happened and you're making it up. Good one :)
Post a Comment