Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Lancaster weekend...

.
I followed my time in New York by meeting Chad in Lancaster for a few days with his family.

He started with a picnic at Mary Ann's (where I arrived late and scarfed down some yummy food), and then in lieu of fireworks, we headed into downtown Lancaster to see "Les Mis" at the Fulton Theatre! It was BREATHTAKINGLY AMAZING. The music, the actors, the set...everything! They did such an amazing job with a hugely iconic show. We loved it!

Then, the next morning we headed with his parents to their church, and got to hear his dad teach the Sunday School lesson in their class, which was really neat to be a part of. We've so rarely been there on a Sunday morning, that it was great for Chad to catch up with some folks from his past, and for me to meet them! I got called "lovely" three times in the morning...I'll take that! :)

Then, we headed to Mechanicsburg to spend the day with Chad's sister Heidi, and Mike, Lydia, and Eumi. It was a wonderful day full of conversation and catching up. Unfortunately...we forgot about taking pictures until after Lydia had already gone to bed! (but she was there, we promise!)


Chad golfed on Monday morning with his dad, and we both headed back to State College. We had a great cook-out with Diane and Dave at the Sparks Street house (they had driven there after I left them on Friday morning), my dad, and Paul and Beth...and got to see all the improvements Dave and Diane are making. It will be great to have them live so close when they move up here...maybe as early as fall of 2010!

After the picnic, Dad and I scooted to a movie at the State Theatre downtown -- called "Every Little Step". It's a documentary about the casting of the recent Broadway revival of "A Chorus Line", and was an extremely fascinating film. I still have the music stuck in my head!!!

Wonderful weekend, full of family. Can't beat it!

No comments: