
Well, as weird as it was (and as varied as the emotions were that I felt from across the entire spectrum), I finally wrapped things up in my job as the Worship & Arts Director at Calvary that I have held for the last 6 years. My goal was to finish well, and I hope that I did that. After a ton of meetings and organizing, orientation and passing things off... I'm finally done!There were many incredibly sweet moments as I finished up. My co-worker Lauren planned many little treats throughout the last week - including flowers, emails, and some candy bars with "Happy 2nd Last Day!" written on them for over a week, as we saw how the timing finally worked out... The staff had organized a luncheon for me on Tuesday (for which they kept me off the "reply-to-all" fiascos for the potluck planning that I have come to love oh so much!), where I got a beautiful card full of heartfelt wishes, some financial help for the next few months, time when others shared my impact on their hearts and lives, and a beautiful cross made out of nails for our collection.

This was a smaller reproduction of one that we had seen at Sandy Cove on our staff retreat last October. They had gotten in touch with the artist in Lancaster and gotten one for me. The words on the cross are incredibly meaningful as I step into this next (somewhat unknown!) chapter -- especially the word "Joy" at the very top.
Then on Sunday, they took time in the 8am and 9:15 services to pray for me with the congregation. The well-wishes I have received from so many have been such a blessing, and I will miss contributing to the worship ministry over this summer as I take an intentional step back. It was a sweet gift to be able to serve on both worship teams this week with other musicians whom I have grown to love dearly as we have served together over the years.
So, what was extremely full in my life now has a good bit of margin, and I'm looking forward to whatever the Lord has in store for me this summer!
I still claim Romans 11:36 -- "For from Him, and through Him, and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever!"
1 comment:
I'm sure that it was so hard to step back, even though you knew it was the right thing to do. I will be praying for you in this uncertain time- that the Lord would make your direction clear and that you would feel His tender care for you as you traverse to the next phase of your life. Love you!!!
Post a Comment