Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Close Call...

.
It was not particularly snowy - just a little blustery and really cold. Chad was driving home from a breakfast meeting last Thursday morning on the highway near our house. In his words, "I was driving on the bypass...then I started fishtailing and was driving backwards on the bypass...and then I slammed into the guard rail."

We are so very thankful that we really don't have much else to report! Chad hit his head pretty hard into the handle-thingy near the ceiling, but other than a headache for a bit, hasn't had any other problems. Our car did not fare so well, but insurance is an amazing thing. It looks like we're going to have to pay about $100 for $3,400 worth of work (they have to replace pretty much the whole left side, plus possibly the wheel axle). No one else was involved in the accident...in fact, about 25 cars just drove right by him as he sat in the car up against the guardrail, facing into traffic...10 of which had seen him spin around and hit it! I'm so grateful the car was still drivable for him to get home...otherwise, we're not sure how he would have gotten help! (note to cell phone users: not everyone has them. :) Still a good idea to stop and see if somebody is hurt...)

So, except for a couple of exciting pictures that I'll post below...only a close call, nothing more. Praise God for His protection!!!



.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that Chad is okay! I'm also glad for you that the insurance will cover so much (you never want to have to use your insurance, but it is definitely there for a reason!). I'm thanking God with you for His protection and provision.